Every day one wakes up to new challenges, new barriers, and new summits. And every day, one needs to motivate oneself to face the challenges, break the barriers and conquer the summits.
Personally, I use quotes to motivate and inspire myself day in and day out. They cheer me to get back on my feet when I am down for the count; they urge me to take another step when I feel like giving up; they goad me to hang in a little longer when I want to let go. Their effect on me is MAGICAL.
So I thought it would be a great idea to share 25 of my favourite quotes with you. Here they are:
1. The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~ Buddha
2. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
3. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. ~ George Addair
4. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. ~ Anonymous
5. If you’re going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill
6. Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. ~ Jim Rohn
7. When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. ~ Lao Tzu
8. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. ~ Albert Einstein
9. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. ~ Wayne Gretzky
10. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. ~ Aristotle
11. You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want. ~ Zig Ziglar
12. You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. ~ Christopher Columbus
13. Inspiration exists, but it must find you working. ~ Pablo Picasso
14. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal. ~ Henry Ford
15. Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
16. It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. ~ Abraham Lincoln
17. Deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do. ~ Steve Jobs
18. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. ~ Chinese Proverb
19. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. ~ Nelson Mandela
20. Act or accept. ~ Anonymous
21. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. ~ Vincent Van Gogh
22. Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?” ~ Brian Tracy
23. You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. ~ Maya Angelou
24. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” ~ Audrey Hepburn
25. A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. ~ Anonymous
Which ones do you particularly like from the above? Do you have any favourite quotes that inspire you? Would be wonderful if you could share them with us...