Muhammad Ali is no more... but his legend will live on... forever!
Ali threw knock-out punches not only inside the ring, but outside it as well. Never short of words, here are 15 of the icon's most profound and inspiring quotes:
1. "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a bee. You can't hit what your eyes don't see."
2. "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
3. "Don’t count the days; make the days count."
4. “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it."
5. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”
6. "Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even."
7. "The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."
8. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
9. “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
10. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”
11. "A man who has no imagination has no wings."
12. "I don't count the sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting because they're the only ones that count. That's what makes you a champion."
13. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
14. "Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
15. “Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right.”
Thanks for everything, Champion... you will always remain 'The Greatest'!